navbar

Image Map

Friday, January 10, 2014

Mediterranean Coucous



 I make this for the house weekly. It is perfect for me because I am a "picker". I seldom eat full meals, I just constantly eat small amounts of food all day long. I suppose I have always kind of been like this, but since having children, I just don't even have the TIME to sit down and eat meals. I have also meant to blog this for a while, but I don't usually measure ingredients when I make food. (with the exception of baking) So I payed attention to what I was doing the last time I made it so my post wasn't just like "yeah, so then throw a bunch of this in, and then that", haa.

Again, I make this weekly and it lasts about three days or so. I personally just pick at it. But if you want to make it into more of a meal, you can throw it into a pita and smother it with some food lube. When I do this for Patrick, I put Baba ghanouj in the pita and he loves it ;)

You need:

* 2 cups uncooked couscous (you can prepare as per the directions on the back, but I make mine with chicken or vegetable stock..)
* 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
* small jar of cut sun dried tomatoes
* 1 cut cucumber
* 1 can medium olives
* 1 can garbanzo beans
* 1 container of feta cheese (pretty sure it's a about a cup and a half)
* 1 TBL dill weed
* 3 TBL olive oil
* 1/2 cup scallion

*prepare couscous as directed on the bag
*while waiting for the water to boil cut cucumber, olives and scallions
*when couscous if finished, just add everything together in a  large bowl. Refrigerate for about 5 hours before eating (although I eat some right away!)

Easy vegetarian meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment