navbar

Image Map

Thursday, December 19, 2013

French Toast Muffins


 Whoaaa, yumm. These are pretty amazing.
 We happen to have a Wegman's obsession in this house. Normally around the holidays they make a mini french toast muffin that is amazingggg. The container barely lasts a day around here. This year, they are no where to be found :/ I was actually a little upset about this. So I dug through my recipe tin and found a recipe I had put in there a while back but hadn't made yet. I really wish I remembered what site I got it from, but our hard drive crashed over the summer. (I normally still bookmark it after I write it down and store in the tin) If I come across the exact source, I will update!!

If you haven't made these french toast cupcakes I posted forever ago, you might wanna try these too. (they are outta hand!)

If you love french toast, and also love muffins, these are a must. The topping on this is also a must in my opinion, so don't skimp! It is best to serve these warm with the topping right out of the oven, but I am just going to heat them up later to serve and store the topping in my fridge until everyone is here to eat them!!

Muffin Topping
3 Tablespoons milk
1 egg, beaten
6 slices of cinnamon swirl bread cut into pieces (de crusted)

Muffins
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of melted butter
1 egg beaten
1 tsp maple extract
2 cups flour
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Topping
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoon sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Preheat the over to 375

Combine the first muffin topping ingredients and set aside.

Combine milk,melted butter, maple extract and beaten egg and set aside.

In a larger bowl combine all dry ingredients and then add the milk mixture slowly. I didn't use my kitchen aid, I just had mixed, like literally with a whisk. Feel free to use a mixer if you like. Judging by how my arm felt afterward, maybe I needed the workout ;)

Spoon batter into greased muffin pan. After this add the Muffin topping to the top of each muffin and press down. Bake 20 to 25 minutes (mine were perfect in 22)

After removing from oven, let them cool a little bit and then add the syrup topping. Enjoy!

Makes a dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment