navbar

Image Map

Thursday, December 5, 2013

DIY Deer Silhouette


I am so so so in love with this!!I think this was the cheapest craft I have EVER done as well! Michael's (as of yesterday) is having a 50% off sale on two packs of canvas. Now, they obviously aren't the most amazing canvas's you have ever used, but they get the job done. I also didn't want to buy a more expensive one in case I messed up! (which I did a little bit) So this was my first "practice" one. I plan on making a few more and acing them! And also not drinking two cups of coffee before I attempt the next so my hands aren't shaky!
 So what made this craft extra fun is that I had my husband draw the deer on. Having an artist for a husband does come in handy sometimes! If you cannot draw it yourself you can just google "deer silhouette"and print it out and trace it onto your canvas. I printed this one out so my husband knew what I wanted.


You need:
~ canvas (I used 9x16)
~ modge podge
~ paint brushes
~ glitter (I use martha stewart glitter)
~ q tips
~ spray sealant

After you have the silhouette drawn or traced, use a small brush start to outline the deer with modge podge. I broke up my glueing into about 6 or 7 sections. So I would outline a small area with the finer tip brush, the fill the small area in with the a wider brush, then glitter. And repeated that until I was finished. Again, I had WAY too much coffee and was a little shaky. If you mess up, just quickly use a qtip, or a tooth pic would work as well. Once you have finished and it is dry, apply spray sealant. My can was clogged so I used hair spray.

Since I already had glitter, modge podge, and everything but the canvas this ended up being a $5.00 craft! $5.00?!! Best $5.00 I have spent!!
You can probably see that this deer is a little splotchy. Again, it was my first attempt, I can't wait to make more!




3 comments: