navbar

Image Map

Thursday, December 12, 2013

DIY Sugar Scrubs


 I never thought I would see the day where I made my own body products, not gonna lie! Ha! Who am I!?
 I decided to make these because it is just too easy, and I like knowing what is in the products that I use. They also make a great, easy present and Christmas is right around the corner!! I made two different ones today. I made a pink sweet pea scrub for Annabella and a vanilla scrub for myself. These are definitely BODY scrubs. They are rough, great for dry spots, but I would say too rough for facial use. 

You need:
- pure raw cane sugar
- brown sugar
- almond oil (or coconut) 
- fragrance/ essential oils 
- vitamin E drops 
- mason jars or container of your choice

Brown Sugar Vanilla Scrub
To make one container I used:
-about 3/4 cup raw sugar
-about 3/4 cup brown sugar
-about 3/4 cup almond oil
-a few drops of vitamin e
-a few drops of vanilla essential oil

-First I mixed the sugars in a bowl. 
-I then added the almond oil and stirred well, getting any clumps out. 
-Next I added the vitamin e 
-Then the vanilla. 
-Mix well and add to your container of choice.

My measurements are approximate because it depends on your container. I first started using 1/2 cups of the sugars but when I went to add it to the jar, it wasn't enough. So you really have to eye it up based on the size of the container. If you don't have enough to fill,  just add a little more of each ingredient until it's perfect. It is really hard to mess up, trust me! 

For the sweet pea, it's basically the same directions except I only used pure cane sugar, so double that. I also added a pink food coloring to make it pretty. And swap vanilla for the sweat pea. The scent is actually from Hobby Lobby in the soap making area. It smells good! A little strong, but I think I used too much, so add in small amounts!! I think for my next pink scrub I am going to use a rose essential oil. But AnnaBella loves it and that's all that matters, right?? 

I will definitely be making a ton of these this week to add to people's Christmas presents! I can't wait to go and get some new essential oils to try!!


4 comments:

  1. I've never tried the other oils or food coloring before! I will have to try it today. I usually use zest from lemons, oranges and grapefruits.. its a super natural smell and the specs of color look really good. You'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am sure zest is awesome in them!! I will try that next time ;)

      Delete