navbar

Image Map

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fabric Tassels


 I have wanted to do fabric tassels for some time now. I have done paper tassels but I like the longevity aspect of the fabric ones. While staring at the gold faux wood grain wall in the playroom, I decided that fabric tassels would be the finishing touch. They are super easy and I finished them in two days during Priscilla's nap.

You will need:
Scissors
Fabric
Twine (rope or string)


That's all! If you wanted to get super fancy you could use a cutting mat and a rotary cutter, I didn't. Although, that does remind me that I DO need a rotary cutter asap!

I bought a yard of four different fabrics. You definitely want to get fabric that is the same on both sides, or at least not too different. The one fabric I bought was not, and those do not look as good as the rest of them. Lightweight to medium weight work the best for this one.

-Start off by cutting the fabric 18x24 (I got about three tassels per yard, but I am super wasteful and sloppy. You could probably get 4, haa!)
-Once the fabric pieces are cut, fold the fabric in half.
-Start cutting the fringe. Cut almost to the top, leave 1 to 2 inches uncut.
-Once you are finished cutting the fringe, open the fabric up and untangle any tangled fringe.
-Start rolling the fabric.
-Once it is rolled, fold in half.
-Once it is folded in half tie fabric around the loop. I used scrapes of fabric, and I'm not going to lie, for about two I just cut a fringe off of the tassel and used it.

-Do this about 10 times! I found it to be quite tedious. so I split it up over two days during Priscilla's nap.





No comments:

Post a Comment