navbar

Image Map

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Chipotle Bowl


 I am so so so excited about this one! We DO have a Chipotle here, the problem is whenever I am thinking about how much I want to eat it I am alone with two kids and it's on the other side of town. No, we don't live in a huge town with tons of traffic but when you are hungry with two small kids, the LAST thing you want to do is drive with said children. When I am hungry I am grumpy. The thought of me being grumpy, with two kids that could also get grumpy at anytime while waiting line to eat is a nightmare for me...sooo, yeah, the only thing I eat there are the bowls. So I am thinking to myself, ummm, it's not that intense, just buy the same stuff and make your own!

I make the vegetarian bowl and I use:

-Cilantro Lime Rice (I used archer farms from target)
-Pinto Beans
-Black Beans
-Pico de gallo
-Shredded cheese
-Sour Cream
-Lettuce
-Corn
-Guacamole
-Scallion

 If you want to make your own cilantro/lime rice, be my guest!!! Here is a recipe. I had every intention of doing so until I saw that heavenly box at Target. While we are on topic, if you want to get all zany and make your own pico de gallo, go ahead!! Here is a recipe for that! I chose to just buy it organic and fresh from the food store this time!!

The directions are super super easy, you pretty much just heat it up and throw it together.


-Start by cooking rice
-Strain,rinse and warm the canned beans
-Cook your corn (I use frozen corn)
-While the rice is cooking and the beans are warming start chopping your lettuce and scallions.
-At this point I make a quick guacamole. The guacamole I make for this isn't my super fancy guac. For this I just mash an avocado, add a clove or two of garlic, a few pieces of onion,cilantro and a squeeze of lime. You can use this quick one or make your own favorite recipe!
-And that's about it! Add your rice,beans,pico de gallo,corn,lettuce,sour cream,shredded cheese,guacamole and scallions!

I always enjoy it with a Mexican Coke and tortilla chips of course!

1 comment: