navbar

Image Map

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Vegetarian Meatloaf Cupcakes.


 I LOVE MEATLOAF. I have not had it in a long time though :( I also have been running out of veggie things to cook lately. I think I need to invest in a few more vegetarian cookbooks! It's hard sometimes, and I don't want to keep making the same stuff over and over again! I found this vegetarian meatloaf recipe a while ago but just kept forgetting to try it...until the other day. I was nervous about the recipe because it is also for a loaf, not a cupcake, but it still turned out well! The one thing I will say about this recipe, is that once you put it all together, if it looks too dry, that's okay. Mine looked dry, so of course, I started adding more oil, more mustard, etc and it was a tiny bit too runny..not bad, just a lil' ;)



Ingredients:

  • -1/2 (14 ounce) package vegetarian ground beef (e.g., Gimme Lean TM)
  • -1 (12 ounce) package vegetarian burger crumbles
  • -1 onion, chopped
  • -2 eggs, beaten
  • -2 tablespoons vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
  • -1 teaspoon salt
  • -1/3 teaspoon pepper
  • -1 teaspoon ground sage
  • -1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • -2 teaspoons prepared mustard
  • -1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • -3 1/2 slices bread, cubed
  • -1/3 cup milk
  • -1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line tin with liners
- Combine all ingredients
- Scoop mixture into liners, fill to top
- Pour tomato sauce on top of each "cupcake"
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (i did 25)
- Let cool for a few minutes and pipe with your favorite mashed potato recipe!

So easy!

2 comments:

  1. Clever! I will have to try this! My mom is a Vegan so when she comes to visit we have to be creative with meals, the Skinny Bitch Cookbook has some great recipes in it, and they are pretty funny so you get an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. next time put a half a cup of instant oats and one egg in it and it won't be dry at all. =)

    ReplyDelete