navbar

Image Map

Monday, May 23, 2011

Our new favorite salad.

 We like salad in this house. A lot. I am always searching for delicious new salads to try. This one is a keeper, we have seriously eaten this salad almost everyday this week and if I weren't going away for a few days, I am pretty confident we would be eating it EVERY day of this week. It's THAT good. Try it, if you have good taste you'll love it too ;)


Ingredients:
- Mixed greens
- 3-4 pears (I used d'Anjou the first three nights, ran out and then just used Bartlett)
- 5 oz Gorgonzola cheese
- Walnuts (toasted are better, but un-toasted are just as good)
- 2 avocados
- dried cranberries

Vinaigrette:
- 3 TBL red wine vinegar
- 1 TBL Dijon mustard (I used a lil' more)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (I use a little less)
- Salt and pepper to taste

- I will add that on umm, the third night in a row that we ate this salad, I was feeling a little zany and I added Morning Star "chicken" to it and, yep, still amazing.

And as far as the directions, I'm pretty sure you don't need me to tell you how to throw a salad together!

1 comment:

  1. yummmm yummmmm!!!! are avocados like ridiculously expensive in MI????

    ReplyDelete