navbar

Image Map

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes


 Well apparently I have outdone myself. These seem to unanimously be the best cupcake ever. (says the guys Pat works with). I mean they are pretty badass. I have made the ones in the Martha Stewart cupcake book before and they were good, but not THIS good! I found a few different recipes online and merged them together to make what I believe is the best version. I highly recommend making these, you can't go wrong. I mean, who doesn't like PB&J??? You would have to be INSANE!

It's like the delicious sandwich you grew up with, without the soggy bread!

For the cake:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 LG eggs
- 1 TBL vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 TBL baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- whatever jelly/jam you prefer ( I used strawberry)

  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
  2. Cream butter, peanut butter and brown sugar
  3. Add eggs, 1 at a time
  4. mix dry ingredients separately
  5. Add dry ingredients and alternate with milk
  6. Beat for a few minutes and bake! (about 19-21 minutes)
  7. After baking, let cool completely
  8. Once cool, hollow out inside of cake, fill with jelly, and replace the top of the cake
  9. Makes 24 cupcakes.

For the icing:
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 4-8 TBL milk 
  1. I add 1-3 first, then add all confectioners sugar.
  2.  Add milk as needed, I used about 7.
I also doubled the icing and I had a ton left..I didn't think just this recipe would be enough, but doubling is too much...you could either just make this recipe, and pipe sparingly or double it and use the left over for another treat you wanna make!!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. do you notice any difference when you salted vs. unsalted butter? I never really pay any attention to it, just use whatever I have. Just curious. BTW these do look delicious. May have to try these myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cupcake looks like its smiling!! Thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi how long do you bake it for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh! About 20 minutes! I better edit that!!

    ReplyDelete