navbar

Image Map

Friday, April 22, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin Scones

 Soooo, my in laws are coming in this weekend and I could NOT figure out what to make them! The last time I cooked home made manicotti for them, my father in law told me it tasted like, "an onion burrito"..ummm thanks! I was pissed at first, but then after time I realized they just like blander food than I do..(super bland Irish food..heh) My mother in law LOVES scones and has them everyday with her tea/coffee. I myself have never really eaten a scone? Maybe from starbucks...I don't know. But if you ask my husband about them, he says they are hard and tasteless.
So I made them...and let me tell you, they are delicious?!?? Pat even ate one and said "these are the best scones I have ever had...and my mom is probably going to hate them because they ARE  NOT TASTELESS"...oh man. So I am not really sure if they turned out the way scones are supposed to or not??? All I know is they are pretty damn good!


Ingredients:
-1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter(room temp)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins

Directions:
- first mix sour cream and baking soda and set aside while preparing the rest of the ingredients
- mix butter and sugar
- beat the egg and vanilla
- add to butter and sugar
- stir all dry ingredients together, and add to the butter mixture
- DO NOT OVER MIX
- add the sour cream&baking soda
- AGAIN DO NOT OVER MIX
- fold in raisins

Have you gotten the point not to over mix???

- turn dough out into lightly floured surface,knead briefly. Roll or pat down dough into a 3/4 inch thich round, cut into wedges and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet (i lightly buttered the sheet first)
I sprinkled sugar on top of them as well ;)

-bake 15 to 20 minutes!



3 comments:

  1. me too! they are brutal!! I made them apple pie to though, so hopefully they like one of them.ha

    ReplyDelete